Thursday 10 May 2007

Fit For Living - Welcome

Hello and welcome to Fit For Living. A brand new blog dedicated to physical fitness, well being and health.

My name is James and I am the author. I am not a personal trainer and I don't pretend to know everything about being fit. But what I lack in recognised education on the subject I make up for with drive, determination, a thirst for information and a willingness to share.

In February of 2007 I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. I have since had an operation to remove the cancerous tumor and am currently undergoing chemotherapy. If everything goes to plan I should be cured by July, which brings me to the reason for this blog.

I have always been interested in fitness. I've been to the gym, played squash, football and even attempted bodybuilding over the years however with the discovery of cancer I have a new found desire and drive to become the fittest and healthiest I have ever been. Unfortunately the side effects of chemo mean I can't really push myself my undergoing treatment but I am in the process of putting together a plan. A plan that will see me transform myself over the last 20 weeks of the year ready for a well deserved holiday in Australia with my girlfriend over Christmas.

I will go into the detail of the plan in subsequent posts and you can follow every rep, every set, every setback and every accomplishment right here. I'll be honest and open about my progress, if any, and share all of the knowledge I gain as I look to educate myself and become 'Fit for Living'.

So please, visit again, share my journey with me and hopefully come Christmas we'll all be where we want to be.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: